Monday, June 18, 2012

The Grand Banks Dory Fiasco


image 0
I'm trying to find a way to get this thing to Portland and it seems like robbing fort knox with a capgun. Its just not happening. It is a nice boat, I have the money, but no way to actually physically go get it.
very sad thing...



I'm more or less grasping at straws here, but I thought you folks might find my situation of interest.
I found a traditional, no-kidding, plank-built, pine-tar coated grand banks dory on Craigslist that I am absolutely in love with and yearn madly to own. I just sold my sailboat and I have money available, plenty, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the thing from Ballard to here. I don't drive, havent for years, and my friends are for one reason or another unable to help in a timely manner. Is there somebody out there that might, for a consideration and expenses, be interested in schlepping said same 17 ft beauty from thar to hyar?

Somebody with a pickup and a small boat trailer?
There is available a trailer but I won't really have a place for it or a need for it, after this one trip, and I would rather save the 250 bucks it would take. Truck rentals are an option, another expense. I have some money set aside for the boat, but I hesitate to try a checkbook solution and throw vast quantities of money I shant see again at the problem. I would of course cover all expenses.


So my pal Ross drove me and a borrowed trailer up the I-5 to Ballard and hooked up no problem and we got back to Scappoose tired and very happy..Problem solved. Thanks for your help, ol pal.

No comments:

Post a Comment